United Methodist Women - Western North Carolina ConferenceTurning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world
Countdown to Annual Celebration!
2018 Annual Celebration
September 14, 15 & 16, 2018
Theme: The Power of Bold
Special Guest Speaker: Coming Soon!
Annual Celebration Registration:
Online Registration Opening June 18, 2018 and closing September 9, 2018
- WNCC UMW 2018 Annual Celebration Flyer. Share it with your friends!
- Annual Celebration Issue of Conference Gram!
- On-site registration at the retreat - $25.00 per person
- Get a DISCOUNT! Register early and ONLINE! Online advance registration, June 18, 2018 through September 9, 2018 is only $15.00 per person! Use the online registration link shown above.
- Advance registration fees are transferable, but non-refundable. So, if someone registers for Annual Celebration, and is unable to attend, their registration fee is not refundable, but it is ok for someone else to attend in their place.
- Register yourself AND others! Our online registration offers the opportunity for you to register up to 35 guests at the same time that you do your own registration. Help other members of your local unit to register online — especially those who may not use a computer!
- Our online reservations process through Constant Contact uses ProPay or PayPal to securely process payment of the registration fee. Both are secure, widely used processors of online payments. If you choose "Pay with Credit Card" in our online registration, you will be able to enter your credit card information right on our registration system screen, and your card will be processed by ProPay. This option should be very simple and straight forward. If you choose to use PayPal, you will be redirected over to the PayPal website to either use your personal PayPal account, or to process your credit card transaction as a PayPal guest.
Lake Junaluska Housing Reservations:
Reservations for housing at Lake Junaluska must be made separately from Annual Celebration registration. To book Lake Junaluska lodging for Annual Celebration:
- Call the Lake Junaluska reservations department at 1-800-222-4930. Then select 1 for the Reservations Department, and the next available agent will be glad to assist you. The Lake Junaluska reservations team is on duty from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Housing in Lake facilities fills up very quickly, so make your reservations early. We encourage you if at all possible to stay on the grounds to help support the facilities at Lake Junaluska. If the Lake facilities are full, there are lots of motels near the Assembly grounds, visit the Haywood County Chamber of Commerce or the Maggie Valley Area Visitors Bureau for more information on available accommodations.
Keynote Weekend Speaker: Estella Wallace, United Methodist Women Board of Directors
Mission Speaker: Rev. Beth Crissman, Blue Ridge District Superintendent
Music Leaders: Ginger Haselden (song leader) Glenda Fuhrmann (pianist)
- Hosting Missionaries for Lunch
- Late Night Entertainment
- Fellowship with UMW Sisters
- Walks along the Lake and Gardens!
Hostess District: Appalachian
Hands On Mission - Annual Celebration 2018:
- Christmas Boxes for Project AGAPE - Click here for complete information!
- Gift to Mission Cards - A Gift to Mission card honors someone in her or his name with an undesignated Gift to Mission of at least $5.00. Gift to Mission is one of the five channels of Mission Giving. Mission Giving supports the total program of mission carried out by United Methodist Women. With your gift, you honor someone, and you make a difference in the lives of women, children, and youth…around the world. Gift to Mission cards will be available in the Program Resources room during Annual Meeting. [More information about Gift to Mission Cards] Celebrate someone special, brighten someone’s day, say thank you…send a Gift to Mission card!
- Registration will open at 2:00pm, downstairs in the auditorium of Harrell Center.
- Check in time at the Lake hotels is 4:00pm. You are encouraged to register before going to your accommodations, especially if you are arriving before 4:00PM.
- Watch for information about Program Resources hours.
- Singing will begin 15 minutes before each session, led by our music team.
- Again in 2018: Lunch on Sunday will NOT be included in the meal plan (based on evaluation suggestions)
- Dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes. Bring a warm sweater and rain gear, just in case the weather is cool or rainy.
- Emergency Telephone Number: The Assembly's switchboard number is 828-452-2881. Please leave this number with your family in case of an emergency.
Lake Junaluska is a beautiful place where you can spend some quiet time in reflection, study, and prayer with your United Methodist Women sisters.
Other Opportunities for Spiritual Growth and Reflection During Your Stay:
- The Memorial Chapel will be available for personal prayer time.
- The Susanna Wesley Gardens
- The International Prayer Room
- The Junaluska Cross
- Walking by the lake and enjoying the roses.
Bethea Center - Hotel Check In
Register HERE for Annual Celebration 2018
Online registration is OPEN!
Coming in September - Download 2018 Annual Celebration Program Book [PDF]
Have a question? Need more information?
Contact Joanie Strohm, our conference Vice President
Annual Celebration Program Committee:
Joanie Strohm, Chairperson, Julia Willis, Nancy Reigel, Martha Efird, Linda Greer, Renee Hayes, Carolyn Payne, Sibyl Long, Dianne Beam, Lorraine Burns, Deborah Matthews