United Methodist Women - Western North Carolina ConferenceTurning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world
Mission u 2017
July 13-16, 2017
Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, North Carolina
Passionate about mission? Love to learn? Want to engage with others who are? Then Mission u is right for you!
2017 Mission u
July 13-16, 2017, Pfeiffer University Misenheimer Campus
Living as a Covenant Community
Missionary Conferences of the UMC in the United States
New! 2017 Mission u Registration Brochure [PDF]
New! 2017 Mission u Youth Camp Application [PDF]
Coming in July! 2017 Mission u Program Book [PDF]
Coming in July! Last Minute Reminders & Information for 2017 Mission U Attendees [PDF]
- Mission u Registration
- Youth Camp 2017
- Mission Studies
- Hands On Mission
- School Officers
- Directions to Pfeiffer
Mission u Registration:
Registration Opens May 1, 2017 and all registrations must be RECEIVED by June 27th.
- New! 2017 Mission u Registration Brochure with complete information about registration and housing. Share it with your friends!
- New! 2017 Youth Camp Application. Share it with youth at your church!
Who should attend Mission u? Local officers and members of UMW; District and Conference UMW Officers; District Chairpersons of Outreach Ministries; Ministers; All men, women, and youth of the Church; and Anyone who would like to worship God, learn new things, and enjoy the fellowship of Christians.
Registration Fees and other costs: All registrations must be received by June 27th.
- Full Time Resident Students: Resident Double - $160.00 / Resident Single - $175.00 / Resident Single Room in New Hall - $190.00. ($50 of Registration Fee is non-refundable. There will be no refunds without at least 7 days notice.)
- Non-Resident / No Meals: $50.00 (no meals included) (Registration fee is non-refundable)
- Non-Resident / 4 Meals included: $90.00 (Lunch & Dinner included on Friday & Saturday) (Registration fee is non-refundable)
- One Day Overview / No Meals: $30.00 (no meals included) (Registration fee is non-refundable)
- One Day Overview / Lunch included: $40.00 (Lunch included) (Registration fee is non-refundable)
- Full-Time Youth Camp: $150.00 (Housing and meals included) ($50 of Registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no refunds without at least 7 days notice.) Youth Covenant & Consent Forms must be completed and sent in with registration form for Full Time Youth Camp.
Registration Deadline: All students must pre-register (Resident, Non-resident, One Day, and Full Time Youth Camp Participants). See registration brochure (available here on our website). There will be NO on-site registration. All registrations must be RECEIVED by June 27th.
One Day Overview: Spiritual Growth Study OR General Issue Study: Either Friday OR Saturday. Registration time: 8:00 - 8:45am. Session begins: 9:00am. Participants are encouraged to purchase and read the mission study texts before coming to Mission u. A limited number of texts will be available for purchase in the Resource Room.
Location: Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, NC, 48380 US Hwy 52N, Misenheimer NC 28109
Contact for Questions: Lisa Bacon, Dean, 2017 Mission u
Mission u Full Time Youth Camp:
Leaders: Renee Hayes and Sherry Sink
New! 2017 Youth Camp Application - PDF
This year’s youth camp is limited to 20 participants and will last the full time of Mission u 2017. For youth participants, there are covenant and consent forms that must be completed and accompany the basic registration form. There will be a youth curfew in effect at 11:30 p.m. each evening.
Our mission Studies in 2017 will be:
- Living as a Covenant Community - More information on United Methodist Women website
- Missionary Conferences of the UMC in the US - More information on United Methodist Women website
- Climate Change - More information on United Methodist Women website
Hands On Mission Opportunity
Our Hands-On Mission Opportunity for the 2017 Mission u will be: UMCOR School Kits
- Lisa Bacon, Dean
- Patricia Moore, Assistant Dean
- LaDonna Butts, Business Manager
- Sandy Letchworth, Housing Manager
Email any of these school officers with questions about Mission u 2017.
Directions to Pfeiffer University:
Pfeiffer University (Misenheimer Campus) is located at 48380 U.S. 52, in Misenheimer, NC, which is South of Salisbury, and North of Richfield and Albemarle. Directions to Pfeiffer University - Google Maps The phone number for Campus Security is (704) 463-3000.
Resident Youth Camp 2017
Sharing by Mission u 2015 Youth Camp participants during the Latin American plenary. Our youth camp participants provided Vacation Bible School for more than 100 children at Mission Adonai in Asheboro. Go Mission u Youth! Live video by Ustream
Days Until Mission u 2017!
Coming in July: 2017 Mission u Program Book [PDF]
Each year, United Methodist Women gather at locations all over the United States to learn more about missions and about being in mission. In a United Methodist News Service commentary...Schools of Christian Mission...now MISSION U, were described as some of the very best lay faith education being offered in The United Methodist Church.
In our Western North Carolina Conference Mission u, three courses of study are offered, along with a variety of other opportunities. Return to this site for updates...including information about our studies, our study leaders, and more!
2017 MISSION U COMMITTEE:Lisa Bacon, Dean; Patricia Moore, Assistant Dean; LaDonna Butts, Business Manager; Sandy Letchworth, Housing Manager; Tonya Lanier, Julia Willis, Linda Young, Nancy Reigel, Martha Efird, Jatana Royster, Renee Hayes, Linda Greer, Dianne Beam, Sibyl Long, Deborah Ray, and Lorraine Burns.
Pfeiffer University - Misenheimer, NC
Pfeiffer University 48380 U.S. Hwy 52 Misenheimer, NC 28109
Prior Year Program Book:
Video & PowerPoint Resources: