United Methodist Women - Western North Carolina ConferenceTurning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world
2017 Hands-On Mission Opportunities
Because of continuing need around the world, UMCOR has expressed a need for all of the different relief kits. We will be accepting any of the different UMCOR relief kits, and we will deliver the kits to our conference Mission Response Center for shipment to the UMCOR Sager Brown Depot. Encourage others in your local unit and congregation to participate…even if they cannot attend Annual Celebration. Participating in this Hands-On Mission Opportunity will help your local unit to meet a Mission Today criteria.
Gift to Mission Cards
A Gift to Mission card honors someone in her or his name with an undesignated Gift to Mission of at least $5.00. Gift to Mission is one of the five channels of Mission Giving. Mission Giving supports the total program of mission carried out by United Methodist Women. With your gift, you honor someone, and you make a difference in the lives of women, children, and youth…around the world. Gift to Mission cards will be available in the Program Resources room during Annual Celebration. [More information about Gift to Mission Cards] Celebrate someone special, brighten someone’s day, say thank you…send a Gift to Mission card!
- Please be sure to carefully follow all instructions about items to include, and do not include anything extra.
- Please do not put the money envelope inside of your UMCOR Relief kits. We need to collect those from you separately.
- If you are bringing multiple kits, it is fine to just write one check in an amount sufficient to cover all of your kits. If your whole unit is collecting the kits, it will be okay to collect the money and put it all in one envelope to be turned in when you drop off your kits at Annual Celebration.
- If at all possible, please pack your kits in a box that can be handled easily by our women and write the total number of kits on the side of the box. (Paper case boxes are a nice size.) We are trying to make it as easy as possible to collect, count and transport all of the kits.
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All relief kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, It is important that kits contain only the requested items - nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- Please do not include any religious, political or patriotic notes or emblems in any kit.