United Methodist Women - Western North Carolina ConferenceTurning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world
Conference Financial Goal 2017:
To Increase Mission Giving in the
Gift in Memory Channel by 20%
Strategy ideas to help us reach this goal:
Creative Ways of Giving
- Make sure to always have Gift in Memory Cards in hand – personally and at events
- Give packs of them to event attendees
- Give in commemoration (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthday, anniversary of death, etc.)
- Have them at church information desk, easily available
- Give at LUV Visits, Lake Junaluska Events, Spiritual Growth 2017
- Give out cards liberally, generously and at all events
- Other – United Methodist Women are creative, what ideas do you have?
Educate, Educate, Educate
- You may give in this channel without sending a card
- Explain the Process…
- Any individual may send a card to anyone
- May be used as sympathy cards
- Give any amount
- Discuss in newsletters
- Announce at every event
- Discuss at Officer Training Events for Local Officers
GIFT IN MEMORY - A Gift in Memory honors the memory of a much-loved family member or friend by making possible additional mission work in the United States and around the world. Gift in Memory cards represent a gift of a minimum of $5.00. The cards can be obtained for free, so that they are readily available when needed. The person making the gift sends the card to the family of the deceased person, and then sends their gift money to the local UMW treasurer along with the tear-off stub indicating the name of the deceased person.
Be an informed United Methodist Woman!